Brand Identity Design Lead
Working at the forefront of brand experiences and retail
Welcome to our world. We create value for brands and make memories for customers. People love brands that reach out and start conversations. In 2021 we worked on projects with great value for ambitious clients like Athlon Car Lease, Unilever, Toyota, Aristo Meeting Centers, Port of Rotterdam, Maxeda DIY Group and Brinks Solutions. Our team has experienced a flying start in the new year. We are incredibly busy with new projects in the fields of food service, hybrid offices, sales driven experiences, mixed-use environments and retail. Therefore we need to expand our team.
As our Brand Identity Design Lead, your main goal is to take Brand Identity Design to the next level. Creating meaningful moments and tangible experiences for guests and consumers across the entire customer journey. Both on- and offline. This means you have the talent and the skills to bring our clients’ brands to life. You work in close cooperation with your colleagues at Sandenburg-DST agency: strategists, concept developers, project managers, experiential marketeers, storytellers, 3D-, experience- and graphic designers. Delivering memorable customer experiences and developing and implementing imaginative environments. Places people like to connect with.
We believe that only a strong and dedicated team can fulfill our mission: Creating value for brands, making memories for customers. We think and act entrepreneurial, methodical, streetwise and energetic. Please grab this opportunity if our cultural values seamlessly fit with your profile. Let’s create the future of Brand Experiences, together.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Take our clients on a Brand Identity journey, helping them to develop and implement the best offer for their guests or customers
- Create brand identities for corporate brands, independent brands and retailers
- Develop awe-inspiring environmental graphics
- Design digital as well as instore communication (omnichannel).
- Take ownership of the Brand Identity department; lead and inspire the graphics team
- Stay on top of the latest trends and insights
- Keep a look out for business opportunities
- Co-create team planning
We expect you to be:
- A highly creative mind, able to convince and enthuse colleagues and clients
- A team player and self-starter
- Hybrid, conceptional, contextual and international approach to design
- Flexible and open minded
- Fluent in Dutch; proficient in English
- Higher education or Academy, MA degree in Brand Identity and/ or Graphic Design
- Experienced in working for (international) agencies (minimum of 8 years)
- Mac, Adobe Suite and Keynote native
- Passionate about technological opportunities and the digital future
- Forward thinking and willingness to learn from others
- Strong social and communication skills
This is what we offer:
- An inspiring hybrid workplace in the heart of Amsterdam, 8 minutes walk from Amsterdam Central Station
- A mind-expanding view of the IJ-river from the third and fourth floor of our office
- Premier league projects to show off your friends and family
- The opportunity and tools at hand to make real impact
- Great assignments working for a varied client base.
- Cool colleagues who are knowledgeable creating a relaxed atmosphere
- For those in the office we offer a delicious and healthy team lunch
- Field trips nationwide and abroad with the team (or on your own) to get inspiration and make plans.
- The SCC-DST digital livestream studio (our playground)
- Boost your knowledge, skills and personal growth with our Personal Development Plan
- A competitive salary and working conditions
Does this all sound like a job that is cut out for you?
This is what you do:
Write a short email with your CV & portfolio to Marjolein Hermans. You can also call Marjolein if you’d like to have more information:
+31 020 237 65 81
Spatial Design Intern
Sandenburg-DST develops, designs and implements innovative customer experience concepts for brands in foodservice, retail and mixed-use spaces. We work for do-gooders like Tony’s Chocolonely, independent brands like Landmarkt and Eazie, and global brands like Unilever, VodafoneZiggo and Total. Frequently we help to lay the foundations of success for brands.
Over the past 20 years we have been asked by clients to create from scratch new concepts, or to recalibrate existing retail formats. We pride ourselves due to the fact that we can transform a building or space incorporating tangible products and digital applications to create a retail environment. Meanwhile closely anticipating on the consumer needs and changing buying habits. Beside we also develop complete solutions for food companies that result in great destinations with an innovative food offering and additional surprising services. We always put the visitor, employee or consumer on the first place!
When you come and join our team, you will work on a daily base in close collaboration with designers, concept developers, concept strategists and project managers. Translating a conceptual challenge into a spatial environment. Exceeding the expectations of our client and his customers with the look & feel and functionality.
Our new talent:
- is in training for spatial design/ interior architecture at a higher professional education institute or university
- has great affinity with food & retail
- is conceptually strong and pro active
- works with Vectorworks 3D or is prepared to learn this expertise
Your job requirements:
- Translate a strategic plan into a spatial design
- Design (3D) the total interior and exterior, including moodboards, lay-outs, argument forms and materialization in design
We offer an office with a beautiful view of the IJ river in Amsterdam. Here you can experience what it is like to work in a dynamic environment with young people involved in the most inspiring projects. We guarantee that there is also room for personal development.
How to react:
Are you keen to be part of great projects? Please send us a letter of application enclosing your portfolio. Our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org citing Job Offer intern spatial design.